Find local services, events, restaurants and much more
Since 1960, the Humane Society of Utah has been sheltering abandoned animals, fighting cruelty and neglect, and creating an environment of respect, responsibility, and compassion for all animals across our state.
We work hard to ensure that every healthy and treatable pet that enters our open-admissions facility will be placed into a loving home. HSU is committed to reaching a 90% placement rate of dogs and cats by 2016, meaning that we will save the lives of over 8,000 companion animals each calendar year. HSU currently embraces, and will continue to expand, a variety of programs to achieve the aforementioned objectives and save more lives each year:
- Veterinary care and sterilization surgeries at our in-house clinic for all homeless companion animals in our care (over 10,000 spays/neuters performed per year);
- Foster care in the homes of over 150 volunteers for special needs, sick or baby animals to ensure adoptability;
- Behavior assessments, positive reinforcement training and enrichment activities to keep pets mentally and emotionally healthy while at our shelter;
- Transfer and rescue network of over 140 partner facilities and groups to place more dogs and cats;
- Off-site adoption events in cities around Utah to highlight adoptable pets and educate the public about adoption;
- Social media to increase the visibility of adoptable pets and engage the public in our efforts to control the pet population and increase adoptions;
- Volunteer program with 700 active volunteers to keep all pets healthy and happy at our facility.
“Kitty City,” a state-of-the-art adoptions area that features our cats in a home-like setting and allows people to interact with their future pet more comfortably. The “Bunny Bungalows” has increased the space available to showcase rabbits. Lastly, “The Wait is Over, Rover” features new areas for big and small dogs and allow the public to interact with them in a more natural environment.
See our website for services and animal listings!
Hours of OperationsMonday - Saturday 10:00am - 7:00pm
Sunday 12:00pm - 5:00pm
Humane Society Of Utah
Princess Jill Approx 1 yr 10 mo old, Tan, Chihuahua Mix
Details: KSL Featured Ad/Dogs