The strategies implemented by the program are to help youth create aspirations for the future and educational enhancement. These initiatives focus on meeting the significant and specific needs identified per child.
- Character & Leadership
Helping youth become responsible and caring citizens and acquire skills to help care for others. They also develop leadership skills and provide opportunities for planning, decision-making, and contributing to the community.
- Health & Life Skills
This area develops a youth to engage in positive behaviors that nurture their own well-being, goal setting, and live successfully as self sufficient adults.
This core area enables youth to develop their creativity and cultural awareness through knowledge and appreciation of the visual arts, crafts, performing arts, and creative writing.
Our program helps encourage fitness, a positive use of leisure time, reduction of stress, and appreciation for the environment, including social and interpersonal skills.
Facts and information about the After School Program:
- This program is community based and in home centered.
- This program provides a safe affordable place for young people during non-school hours and non school aged children all hours.
- This program is led by trained, caring qualified parents
After school Program provides youth with:
- A safe learning environment
- Opportunities to build new skills that raise each child’s belief that he or she can succeed and receive recognition for personal accomplishments.
- Ongoing relationships with caring adults and connections to new friends in a positive environment, reinforcing a sense of belonging, personal accountability, and responsibility.
- Generation-changing activities that support a commitment to learning, positive values, healthy habits and high expectations for success as an adult.