A holistic and practical approach to guitar mastery.
Focus on chording, rhythms, finger-picking, soloing, improvisation, sight-reading, music theory. Aspiring singer-songwriters add vocal delivery, song writing, performance prep. Learn *at least* two new songs per week in a variety of styles (including at least one current alternative rock song, if desired).
- identifying, comparing and combining all elements of Americana, tracing the continuum from blues through classic country, rock-n-rock, classic rock and beyond
- a pragmatic and common-sense approach to classical guitar from a the point of view of a "non-snob"
- a quick-start approach to jazz/swing, making even these challenging styles accessible
- successfully teaching sight-reading to all ages.
- coaching bands and soloists for optimal stage performances
House calls are available (depending on the neighborhood) for an additional fee. Please inquire about lessons at your specific location.
Thomas has an impressive clientele including many working musicians, local celebrities, and their families.
Thomas Richey - Bachelor of Music (Guitar Performance) 2002 Author "Complete Guitar Instruction" Vols. 1-3