Learn drums with a professional, touring drummer!
My goal is to make drum lessons fun, exciting and informative!
I have over 30 years experience as a professional drummer, performer, and recording artist. My drum teachers include Jim Chapin, Bernard Purdie, Kenny Aronoff and Pete Magadini and I have a Bachelor of Music degree from the University of California in percussion and composition.
I enjoy teaching all levels and ages of players and really strive to tailor the lesson to your needs and learning style. No two stundents are the same! I try to lead the student towards the goals we agree upon using a method unique for him or her. What do you want to learn?
Some of the things I can teach:
- Drum beats, fills and soloing
- The fundamentals of drumming
- Building performance confidence
- Play along with your music or live instruments (Bass, Keys, Guitar)
- Drum for fun or take it to the next level
- Working with a band / group dynamics
- Music for school ensembles and performances
- Drum rudiments
- Develop a deeper groove
- Solidify time, tempo, rhythm
- Limb independence, coordination, polyrhythms
- Improve music reading
Artist and groups I have worked with:
- Jack Johnson
- Jackie Greene
- G. Love
- Bob Weir
- Mickey Hart
- Brett Dennen
- Nicki Bluhm
- Mike Stern
- Talia Keys
- Santa Barbara Civic Light Opera
- Santa Barbara Chamber Orchestra
- Music Academy of the West Orchestra
Rates are $50 for an hour lesson, $30 for a half hour. I teach out of my clean, newly remodled cozy drum studio in Ogden.
Yamaha, Vic Firth, Aquarian Artist. Featured in DRUM Magazine. Placed in DRUM Magazine's Reader's Poll: "Best Indie Drummer." Universal Records recording artist.