On May 15, 1905, First National Bank (FNB) opened its doors for business in downtown Layton, Utah. Historians have been quoted to say that "the beginning of the twentieth century was the era of bank expansion in Utah".* FNB's entrance to the stage at that time was exactly what the local community was looking for. In a day when many people only had access to their banks by mail, the citizens of Layton welcomed the direct and personal touch that FNB offered.
Originally located in a small white building on the corner of Main Street and Gentile, FNB was established by nine community leaders with entrepreneur E.P. Ellison at the head of the movement. The initial 39 stockholders were mostly comprised of local farmers and merchants. As Layton City experienced rapid expansion, FNB continued to be a cornerstone in the community.
Amid the economic turmoil, wars, and changing values of the twentieth century, FNB held its ground as a pillar of financial security. On multiple occasions, the bank received a five-star rating from Bauer Financial Reports indicating that FNB was one of the safest, credit-worthy banks in the United States.
By 2005, the bank's assets exceeded $250 million and seven branches were set up along the Wasatch Front from Clearfield to Draper. What once was a handful of directors and branch cashiers has now grown into a force of more that 100 employees who strive to continue to provide the hallmark service for which FNB is well know.
Today, FNB continues its legacy of investing in and serving the communities in which it belongs. The bank actively takes part in sponsoring community events and partners such as Layton Liberty Days, the Davis Arts Council Summer Concert Series, the Layton/Syracuse Marathon, Family Connection Center Giving Trees, and the United Way of Salt Lake City.
Visit our website to learn more: www.fnbutah.com