MENTOR MOWING… MOWING THAT MATTERS!
We are a new non-profit lawn care business with the mission of providing an accommodative work environment to individuals with special needs, which will enable them to gain:
- Self-confidence through obtaining new skills
- Earn a summer income
- Understand the value of hard work
- Learn to work together as a team
We will seek to hire junior high through adult age individuals who have 504 accommodations or an IEP and a variety of different special education classifications ranging from mild to severely disabled i.e. specific learning disability, autism, emotional disturbance.
If individuals with special needs has a place in your heart and you can see the value of Mentor Mowing in our community, here’s how you can help:
- We need start-up money for a truck, trailer, commercial grade mowers, weed eaters, blowers, and an edger.
- We estimate that start-up costs will be $15,000 to purchase a decent used truck and trailer and new lawn care equipment. We don’t need new equipment and would be perfectly satisfied with quality used, which would drastically decrease start-up costs, especially if someone could donate a truck, trailer, or other lawn care equipment.
- If donating is not an option, please consider using us for your lawn care maintenance. We need revenue which enables us to hire more special needs individuals.
- Please contact me if we can maintain your lawn through email, call or text, or Facebook! Remember this is “Turf that teaches”!
We want to begin the mowing season April 1st, so we have little time. Please visit our social networking sites, friend, share, like us, and help spread the word! I have setup a GoFundMe page where you can donate to Mentor Mowing.
Jared’s Cell Phone# 801-821-1931