I used to co-teach drum lessons with Jay Osmond, but now I teach solo. I love to start by learning the students goals, objectives, and time commitment. From there we can move forward with your goals in mind.
I can come to you (for just a bit more money to cover gas) or you can come to me. I charge $15 for a half hour lesson or $20 for a full hour, though if you have a business of your own I have been known to trade. Call me, we can work it out.
I started as a studio drummer at age fifteen in Wayne Sermon's studio (guitarist of Imagine Dragons) and have recorded six full length albums since that time. I have also worked in the studio or performed with various local artists such as Summer Lasts Forever, 20storiesfalling, Zach Knell, Almost Acoustik, Eric Osmond and others.
We can start wherever you are, here is an abbreviated list of things I usually teach
- Drumming/Percussion fundamentals
- reading music
- rock/ funk/ metal/ pop/ soca
- how to get good fast
- drum solos & drum fills
- playing with other musicians
- studio drumming skills
- live drumming confidence (stick tricks and how to look good live)
- how to get attention on social media (as well as how to get your band on iTunes)
- Help with percussion home work (for those in school)
So let's get started and get you going! I love to teach and would love a few more students.