My name is Ted Jenkins, and I've been playing the guitar for nearly 40 years. I've been teaching guitar to students for nearly 20 of those years, first as an instructor with Utah Music Academy, and subsequently as a private instructor. I have taught dozens of guitar players how to play the greatest instrument ever invented, and to have fun learning!
I have played in several bands as well, and if it's one thing I know, it's how to play the guitar and to teach others to play it as well.
Whether you're looking to play by yourself or join a band, whether you're interested in acoustic guitar or electric guitar, whether you want to learn your favorite songs or interesting in the nitty gritty of music theory, I can help you achieve your musical goals.
I offer professional-level instruction in the following areas:
- Beginning guitar, including basic chords and strumming
- Advanced strumming technique
- Soloing strategies and exercises
- Music theory
- Music reading and tablature
- Acoustic and/or electric guitar instruction
- All genres, including rock, blues, pop, country, and folk
- The right approach to practicing the guitar
Private lessons are available at 30 min weekly intervals. Call me and start the funnest hobby you will ever learn, or take your skills to the next level!