Teen and Parent Mediation and Coaching: $75/ initial visit, first visit assessment and $30/hour each subsequent visit.
Are you struggling with your teen? Does your relationship with your teen seem to be chaotic at best? Does communicating with your teen seem to turn into a battleground?
Having someone be a neutral party so that both voices can be heard can help mend your relationship enabling spiritual and emotional growth within the family unit. Often times having a third party makes a world of difference.
- Great alternative to counseling, or great first step towards counseling.
- Neutral party to facilitate communication of wants and needs.
- Get to the root of the problem and then work on the behavior.
- Reduce the tension and stress between you and your teen.
- Find common ground.
- Conflict resolution.
- Reduce negative behavior and increase positive behavior.
- Many times this allows the teen to remain in the home.
- Tough choices remain family choices, rather then involving outside decision makers (courts, law enforcement, schools).
- Mediation ends in agreement roughly 75% of the time with positive compliance from both sides.
I have worked with families struggling with:
- failing grades
- stealing the family car
- poor school attendance
- substance abuse
- running away
- youth in custody (through this process the youth was allowed to return home).