Reviewer Eligibility Guidelines
To review a business or service (“Service Provider”), you, as the reviewer must meet the following requirements:
- You must be able to provide evidence of work done by the Service Provider if you are reviewing a service you received from the Service Provider (only if asked by a representative of KSL Local). This documentation must have the Service Provider information displayed on the documentation of the Service Provider being reviewed. Some examples of this could be written estimate, invoice, copy of a processed check etc.
- You must be a user of KSL.com or KSL Local.
- A review may be written by any member of the household who witnessed firsthand the work and/or transaction and/or poor customer service of a person affiliated with the business being reviewed.
- Only one member of the household may write a review.
- You may contact Customer Support for instructions on how to update or remove a review if you wish. Please note, that we can only send reviewers instructions on how to update the review, or we can remove it so a new review can be resubmitted. We are not able to make these changes (such as editing words or changing the star rating) on a reviewer's behalf.
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- A Service Provider may not review his/her own business.
- A review must be submitted within 6 months of the date of service provided.
- Service Providers are not allowed to review their direct competition or other businesses listed in the same categories or providing competitive services negatively.
Service Provider Responses
Service Provider Responses must be written by the owner or manager of the business or his/her authorized representative. Owner Responses may not threaten the reviewer.
Content Review Guidelines
No user of this website may contribute any content, including, but not limited to business listings, reviews and Service Provider responses (collectively “Content”) which violate the following guidelines:
- The Content must be directly related to its purpose and shall not include commercial, political, or religious purposes.
- Business listing descriptions must relate to the business and information that would be useful to a future customer.
- Reviews must relate to the service provider in which they are posted to and must contain only information that would be useful to a future customer.
- Content of a Service Provider response must focus on the reviewer's experience of service.
- Content should not give out specifics of the job performed that could potentially allow identification of the reviewer.
- Content must not infringe, misappropriate or violate any third party’s rights, including but not limited to, violating a third party’s rights of publicity, contractual rights, fiduciary rights or intellectual property rights. Content may also not violate the law or otherwise be inappropriate. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Personal information that can be used to identify or contact any person;
- Promotional content that would promote other websites, businesses, services or products unaffiliated with this website and business;
- Content shall not be obscene, abusive, discriminatory or illegal.
- Content should not disclose the personal information of the Service Provider, the location of the Service Provider, if it is not shown on their listing or the rates charged by the owner or manager.
- Content should be objective and accurate.
- Users who post Content must have all legal rights to post the content. Examples include your experience with the service provider’s professional service, customer service of employees, etc. Personal opinions, observations, accusations of illegal activity with no proof and slander will not be tolerated.
- Content or reviews posted may not contain demands trying to force a particular response or action from another person in an unlawful, abusive or otherwise inappropriate manner. For example, a reviewer may not post a negative review for the purpose of trying to make a Service Provider return payment or render services for free.
- Content should not contain non-local or otherwise irrelevant content or otherwise impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large work load on our staff or infrastructure, or interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site.
- User should not harass, threaten, intimidate, impersonate, or attempt to impersonate, any other person, falsify your contact or other information, misrepresent a relationship with any person or entity, or otherwise attempt to mislead others as to the identity of the sender or the origin of a review or rating.
- Except for Service Provider Responses, no reviews will be (i) made by anyone that works for, owns any interest in or serves on the board of directors of the reviewed entity; (ii) made by anyone related by blood, adoption or marriage to the reviewed Service Provider (if a person) or the owner of the reviewed entity; (iii) made by anyone compensated directly or indirectly for the review.
KSL Local may establish general practices, policies and limits, which may or may not be published, concerning the use of this site and posting of Content, including without limitation, the time that reviews and responses will be retained, the maximum number of reviews and ratings that may be sent from an account, and the length of reviews and ratings sent. KSL Local has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any Content. You agree that KSL Local has the right to change these general practices and limits at any time, in its sole discretion, with or without notice.
If you see a review or response that does not conform to the above guidelines, please use the Report it as Abuse button on the review, once clicked you can indicate whether it is the Review or the Owner's Response you are reporting. We will investigate reported abuse and immediately remove reviews or responses that, in our sole judgment, are in violation of our guidelines. All reports of abuse may be subject to investigation. Abuse reports will not be investigated if reported by any person who is deemed, in KSL Local’s sole discretion, to be manipulating or fraudulently using the system.
Limitation of Liability
You agree to indemnify and holds harmless KSL Local, and its successors and assigns, from and against any and all costs, damages, whether such damages are direct or consequential, and expenses and fees, including reasonable attorneys' fees, incurred as a result of any claim, action, proceeding, or demand arising from any content or review posted by you, your use of KSL Local or your breach of these terms.
Notice of Risk
Please note that there are risks, including but not limited to the risk of physical harm, of dealing with strangers, underage persons, or people acting under false pretenses. You assume all risks associated with dealing with other users with whom you come in contact through the Sites.
You agree (1) any claim, cause of action or dispute ("Claim") arising out of or related to these terms your use of KSL Local is governed by Utah law regardless of your location or any conflict or choice of law principle; (2) Claims must be resolved exclusively by state or federal court in Salt Lake City, Utah (except we may seek injunctive remedy anywhere); and (3) to submit to personal jurisdiction of said courts.